Friday, April 25, 2008

Kites


So for Art time I thought it would be a sweet idea to make kites. Well, we built the kites with a lot of cries for help, ripped paper, knotted string, broken wood and kite tails cut too short.

Then I took them to the stream. It was a disaster! And I laughed the entire time! And the kids probably thought I was crazy.

Fist of all, it was a perfect day for kite flying. There was a really good wind... too good in fact. In about 5 seconds every student was crying "Tape, Ryan Teacher, I need Tape!"

Then Jimmy would go running by... his feet would get tangled in the string from Michelle's kite, which would then get tangled with the string from Jake's kite. However, Jimmy wouldn't notice, he would just keep running, pulling three kites behind him and tearing them all to shreds in the process.

Oh man, I was laughing so hard.

As we left, an old Korean man said, in perfect English, "I don't envy you, how do you handle all these kids."

I replied, "Carefully."

I believe we had one out of nine kites that was still flyable when we headed back to class. I was so busy fixing kites that I was only able to snap a few pictures. Here they are.

















1 comment:

Jamie said...

The children's faces are so expressive! I can feel their pain!