Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The "Ex" Adventure


So one of my korean friends asked if I could help out with a film shoot. I was thinking, "Cool, just like at home, some college students who need a last minute actor for a film project." so I said sure.

It turns out I was actually helping with a Korean TV show called EX. Where they hunt down ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends. Hmmm... I started having second thoughts. What exactly did they want me to do? Was I going to get in a fight?

This is what I learned.. this girl dumped this guy 4 years ago, but after dating several other guys, she realized the first guy was the best. So she's trying to find him.

The TV show was pretty sure they found the guy, but for the show they do a number of "tests" to make sure he's the right one. Apparently, this guy's English is terrible (but I mean, come on, how many Koreans speak fluent English). Mostly it was just some funny stuff for the show.

So my friend and I went to the bar where this guy supposedly worked. We had a sweet hidden camera in a purse and everything. Our job was to try and get the "ex" to use English. If it was bad... well we had the right guy (or so they said).

Turns out, the guy is a student and only works at the place part time. That day he wasn't there. The funny thing is, my friend and I don't drink, so I got an ice-tea and she got a hot green tea. Then we left. The bar employees probably thought we were weirdos.

Wow. What an experience. I actually got a kick out of it. At first I didn't want to do it because I thought we might be hurting him. But the girl wasn't getting revenge she was just looking for the guy so maybe they could hook up again.

The "Ex" TV crew drove us back to my friend's place and then I rode my motorcycle home.

And somehow got lost... so I ended up driving through some places I've never seen before... finally stopped at a gas station and asked the old dude working there how to get to my station. He gave me some solid directions in Korean and I was off.

Riding at night is interesting, because most of the roads are empty. Anyway, I met some neat people, they asked for my number... so maybe I'll be appearing in another episode of "Ex".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa, rad... hidden cameras for a TV show? Nice! You'll have to let us know if you do more...

Wait, so that bike is actually yours? As in, you bought it? Sweet!