Wednesday, March 5, 2008

VIP


Today I finished day 1 with my kinder class. I need to clarify though... I teach two classes.

#1 My kinder class of nine kids. I teach them from 9:30 to 2:30. I create all the lesson plans. In fact, I need to order books as soon as possible.

#2 My elementary kids. I teach them from 2:30 to 3:55. The book is already chosen.
I've had three days with my elementary kids. I've gotten comments like. "Why are your eyes blue?" "You look like a factory man." "No, I think he looks like a robot." "You smell bad." "He smells like a man."

I had a great time today. My kinder class is full of great characters. My elementary class is pretty great too. Oh yeah, and they already busted out the camera on me. A guy from some TV station recorded my class... awkward...



After classes, I went apartment shopping. It was wild. I was told to meet a guy outside a certain coffee shop. He would be in a black car.

So I walked to the coffee shop. Suddenly, a black car with two Korean guys pulled up to the curb. The guy in the front waved me in. I hopped in the back and we were off. I felt like I was in some sort of gangster movie. Two mysterious guys in suits (who didn't speak much English), a black car, an unknown destination, a shady foreign passenger.

They took me to see several different places. One black suit would usually walk in front of me the other behind. Some places we would simply pull the door open, walk in, and look around. Other places, they'd make a phone call, we'd wait, and then someone would let us in. It was amazing. I wonder what other people thought when they saw us. The guys took me to see four places. I chose the first one, mostly because of location.

I learned both guys were very new to the realty business. I asked if they liked the job and they hesitated. Then one said, "We have much stress."

They gave me the usual questions, in this order.
-How old are you?
-Where are you from?
-Do you have a girlfriend? -Why not?
-What do you think of Korean girls?
-Do you drink?
-How long have you been in Korea?
-What is your favorite Korean food?
-What are your hobbies?

They seemed like cool guys. Friday they're going to help me move in. It will be nice to have my own place. I look forward to exploring my new neighborhood.

Once I get some breathing time, I'll take some pics of my new school, classroom, and apartment.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Clandestine - how exciting! That would have been GREAT to see... The only thing missing was the dark glasses. :)
So...if you're moving into your new place Friday, where have you been living since you got back?
Do you eat lunch with your kinder kids?

Unknown said...

Squeezing chicks until they poo is certainly a dirty job and I will not do it. Gross, Ryan. And also good for a laugh. :)