Friday, March 14, 2008

The Adventure Begins


Here are some quick pics of the classroom. My classroom is of a decent size. One wall is completely glass (or bullet proof plastic, I'm not sure which). I also get to serve the kids lunch three times a week.

I had forgotten lunch with small kids... I was too easy... "Oh, you don't want to eat that? Okay, that's fine." Then the Korean teacher would bust in and tell them to eat everything. Whoops.

The kids all have school uniforms, backpacks, lunch bags, and slippers.

Some things that have been said.

"Your hair looks like pee." - Sally

"I'm going to kiss you, James." - Erin
"I told you, I can't marry you until we're older." - James

"The children say you are the Cinderella teacher because of your hair and eyes."
- Korean Teacher

"How do you spell 'limousine'? I like limousines." - Claudia

"It's time for science." - Me
"My stomach hurts. I think I have to sit outside." - James
"It's time for art." - Me
"I feel better now." - James
"It's time for math." - Me
"My stomach hurts. I think i have to sit outside." - James

"In elementary school you can't fight." - Michelle
"I'm not going to go to elementary school." - James
"You're not going to elementary school? Then what will you do?" - Me
"I will just play all day." - James

(While I was on my break eating a chocolate cupcake.)
"What is that, Teacher?" - Jay
"It's a vitamin." - Me
"Oh." - Jay















2 comments:

Kia said...

James sounds like a fun kid.

I agree with your chocolate cupcake description.

Anonymous said...

"You look like a factory man."

That was quite hilarious. Take it as a compliment, as factory men are often stereotyped as well-muscled perhaps.

Haha...I liked your story about the "vitamin." I sometimes eat candy or some liked-by-children sweet in class, tantalizing the students by pretending to give it to them and then plopping it in my mouth. (I usually have more in a bag somewhere for all of the pupils later in class.)

Seize the day physically and spiritually!

-Leaf