Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ultimate Reading


I teach a beginning reading class for two students... 민교(mingyo) and 종은(jongen). They are excellent students (I would guess they are about 7 or 8 years old). However, Jongen happens to be a little faster than Mingyo, so sometimes I have to create extra challenges for her, to allow Mingyo to catch up.

Challenge 1: I held the book upside down and asked her to read. I actually found that she read better when I did this, because she had to concentrate so much more.

Challenge 2: Jongen grabbed my arm, said "Teacher", and pulled me to the wall. Then she did a handstand and motioned for me to hold the book upside down (which was right side up for her). She read about three pages before her face turned red and she couldn't keep her balance anymore. So funny.

Challenge 3: Jongen also likes to slow motion fight, which is always fun.

Challenge 4: Imaginary soccer. Somehow I always end up being the goal keeper.

Jongen is awesome and she's a total Tomboy. She takes TaeKwonDo, plays soccer costantly, and always has a few sports related injuries (or dirt on her face).

Yesterday, she brought a rubber band gun to class. She demonstrated her skills by shooting a poster in the back of the room.

I also think she is awesome because she is left handed like me.

Perhaps someday I'll have a daughter like her.


(Notice bicycle accident injuries and left handed "victory" symbol)

Mingyo being goofy for the camera

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I'm so glad to see stories again. Your kids rock! You rock-talk about a creative teacher!