Sunday, June 1, 2008

Little Chicken


I went on a tour with the bike club this Sunday. I didn't know anyone, but the trip was posted on the club website so I showed up. It was awesome. Super beautiful drive, friendly people, and great food. In all, we drove about 600 kilometers.

The drive went all over the place. Back roads past rice fields and farms. Up winding mountain roads. A famous mineral spring and even a race track.

I think my new biker name is "Little Chicken". I was told it's a term for 24 year olds in Korea who have a lot to learn. I am the youngest in the group and probably have the least experience, but the riders watch out for me and offer me good advice.

It's so hard to describe my biking experience. There is a joy. A freedom. A peace. An awe. A camaraderie. Perhaps it is the danger that makes life seem more vivid and precious.
























This was on a bus. I guess it's a tour for boring people.





















































No comments: