Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Rainy Day Stories


A lot of rain and an amazing feet(feat)!

As I floated down the street in a hundred-passenger four wheeled boat, I happened to glance out the window and caught a sight worthy of the Olympics.

A woman in high heels, holding a giant umbrella and a fifty kilo purse, balanced on one foot (crane-like) and used her free hand to roll up her pant leg. After repeating the delicate procedure for the other pant leg, she continued on her journey gracefully avoiding the largest of the puddles.

Wow!

I, on the other hand, arrived at work completely soaked.


Penalty!

Today I decided to wear a pair of blue jeans instead of the required dress pants. I do this occasionally and can usually get away with it. Today, the kids spotted them right away and with great laughter yelled, "Teacher, Penalty!!!!"
(kids get penalties for bad behavior or when they don't do homework, three penalties and you risk getting kicked out of the academy)

"What do you mean?" I cried with a smile. "These are dress pants."

They didn't buy it. Luckily, they didn't rat on me, so I was able to teach the day in comfort.


An interview with Andy

(When the interview concluded, Andy had a bit more to say...)
Andy: I have something to give you.
Me: What is it?
Andy: A couple ring.
Me: Oh? (with a little confusion) Where did you get it?
Andy: From my girlfriend(with a shy grin, he pulled a ring out of his pocket).
Me: Oh wow, awesome, Andy (I then realized he didn't want to give it to me, he was just excited to show it to me).
Andy: I think it is too small.
Me: Ah, maybe you could put it on a chain or necklace.
Andy: Yes, that is what my sister suggested too.
Me: Have you and your girlfriend been together for 100 days?(I was told that korean couples often give rings on day 100).
Andy: No, 22 (said with no hesitation and a big smile).
Me: What's her name? How'd you meet?...

He left the interview room with a glow. It was cool that he shared "man to man" with me about his lady friend. He is in my middle school class with six girls. So I told him the two of us have to stick together.
Puppy love, so funny.


A Rain Question

I asked some of my students...
What are 10 things you can do on a rainy day?
The greatest answer came from Joy...

Me: What are 10 things you can do on a rainy day?
Joy: Jump in puddles, pee, fight with my mom because she doesn't like to wash my wet clothes...
Me: What? Pee?
Joy: Yes, pee.
Me: What?
Joy: When I was little I would pee in my pants and then tell my mom I got splashed with water.
Me: What?
Joy: Yeah!
Me: Oh, man.
(that girl needs her own show)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaaaa! When it rains, I like to dance about like a lunatic, but peeing is right up there.

Koh