Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Not all Change Adds up to a Dollar

So plans change...

I spent several days at home visiting the fam, hanging out with the little sister, and reading books like "Blood and Honor" (an autobiography detailing a Christian man's boyhood in the Hitler Youth). All this to emotionally prepare myself for leaving the country.

I raced back to Newberg to begin my final packing. However, after reaching "home", I learned that the visa process was not moving as quickly as expected... so my flight has been changed to December 31 instead.

Wow... so it appears that I will be spending Christmas in the U.S. after all. It will be a quiet one with Chad and Charissa... Charissa already tells me that I have the traditional Christmas morning cinnamon twists to look forward to (I love cinnamon twists). It will be a unique Christmas for me.

Recently, I have found myself slightly anxious and stressed. I know worrying won't add any hours to my life, AND at times it's hard not to worry. Strangley, I look forward to difficult times... to test my faith... to stretch me... to change and grow me.

Something I read recently...
Ways to discern if an "impression" or "feeling" is from God.
1. Is it scriptural? (does it have Biblical support)
2. Is it right? ("the ends justifies the means" is not acceptable)
3. Is it realistic? (are you equipped?)
4. Is it providencial? (lucky or convenient, a heaven sent opportunity)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I like that quote. It's good stuff. I think as humans we are naturally anxious when we know some big change is coming and I think sometimes we are anxious when we know God is going to do great things though we are still somewhat unsure how we fit in. It's not comfortable, but it is natural. I'll be praying for peace and that you enjoy this Christmas with friends.